Terms & Conditions
- These Terms & Conditions set forth the rules for the “Action Diplomacy” project, including the recruitment process.
- The Project is organised by the SGH Foreign Affairs Society (SKN SZ), hereinafter referred to as the Organiser.
- The Project is directed to all who display interest in the current political affairs, international relations, as well as social and economic changes in the world.
- The aim of the Project is to improve the level of the participants’ knowledge in the field of diplomacy, to develop friendly relations with the representatives of all nations, to help shape the attitude of openness, tolerance and respect to human rights, and to conduct substantive debate and intercultural dialogue.
- The participation in the Project is unpaid. The Organiser does not reimburse any costs related to the participants’ involvement with the Project (transport, accommodation, catering).
- Wherever these Terms & Conditions mention a diplomatic mission, it should be understood as an embassy or any other institution taking part in the current edition of the “Action Diplomacy” project by organizing a meeting with the participants.
- Participation in the Project entails the participant’s consent to produce and reproduce their physical likeness.
- The Organiser may issue a certificate of participation in the Project after the visits to the diplomatic missions to which the participant has been assigned and send it in electronic form to the participant’s e-mail address.
- The Organiser does not issue any certifications justifying the participants’ absence in obligatory classes due to their participation in the Project.
Recruitment and inauguration
- The recruitment process is open to any adult person.
- The Organiser is responsible for the organisation of the recruitment process.
- The Organiser informs about the recruitment process for a given edition of the Project via the Organiser’s website, the official website of the “Action Diplomacy” project, and its Facebook fanpage.
- Admission to the Project is based on a recruitment form to be filled in by a prospective participant, who has to answer the questions included in the form. The link to the form will be published on the Project’s fanpage and on its official website.
- In the open questions included in the form, the insight and substantiveness displayed in the participant’s analysis, knowledge and understanding of the discussed issues, clarity and coherence in conveying the participant’s point of view, and the knowledge of the English language are evaluated.
- The Organiser evaluates the submitted forms and decides whether a given person is admitted to take part in the Project. The decision is final and subject to no right of appeal.
- The candidates are forthwith informed about the results of the recruitment procedure via e-mail. Information on the evaluation of the candidate’s form are provided on their request.
- In extraordinary situations, the Organiser may decide to qualify additional persons to the Project, which are then forthwith informed via e-mail.
- Together with the information about the positive result of the recruitment process, the Organiser sends an official invitation to the inauguration meeting of “Action Diplomacy” to all qualified persons.
- The inauguration meeting takes place before any meetings in diplomatic missions start. The Organiser provides the qualified persons with information and educational materials.
- Absence at the inauguration meeting does not entail the qualified person’ s cancellation from the list of Project participants. Upon their request, the absent persons are provided with the materials via e-mail or using any other way.
Allocation of participants to diplomatic posts
- A person enrolled in the project is obliged to express, considering Organiser’s terms and conditions, their preferences of choosing the diplomatic post to pay a visit to.
- The Organiser allocates persons to a particular diplomatic post taking into consideration their preferences and the assessment of the application form.
- A participant may be allocated up to three diplomatic posts.
- Any changes of allocated diplomatic posts after the allocation process is finished are possible only due to the exceptional circumstances. A decision is made by the Organiser at the request of a participant.
- The results of the allocation process are sent immediately to participants via e-mail.
- A participant is obliged, under penalty of being excluded from the list of participants, to confirm attendance in a particular visit.
Visit at a diplomatic post
- The Coordinator of the visit to a given diplomatic post is obliged to inform the participants about the place and time of the visit in advance.
- If the place and time of the visit are not known at the moment of the delegation of participants to diplomatic posts, the Coordinator informs the participants about this fact and provide the relevant information as soon as possible.
- The Coordinator contacts the participants of the visit to the given institution. Moreover, he or she informs them of all important issues and answers their questions.
- The participant is obliged to appear in the place and time specified by the Coordinator. Resignation from participation in the visit is possible up to 3 days before its date. In particularly justified cases, if the participant cannot take part in the meeting, he or she may inform the Coordinator later, but before the start of the visit.
- The participant enters the diplomatic post only in the presence of the Coordinator. Being late for the visit is tantamount to the exclusion of the visit.
- Persons in a diplomatic post shall comply with the instructions of its staff and the Coordinator.
- The Coordinator is responsible for the course of the visit. He cares about the culture of discussion and respect for the rights of all its participants.
- The participant has the right, if provided for in the formula of the visit, to speak and ask questions, following the principles of politeness and respect.
- The coordinator intervenes in the event of any inappropriate behavior of the participants and in any situations that could threaten interests and image of the Republic of Poland, SGH Foreign Affairs Society or the „Action Diplomacy” project.
- The coordinator ends the visit at the appointed time.
- After the visit the Coordinator prepares a report in which he summarizes its course. He notices any situations that may be relevant from the point of view of the „Action Diplomacy” project. In addition, the coordinator indicates up to three people, who in his/her opinion, with their commitment, substantive preparation and personal culture positively distinguished themselves during the visit. He also indicates people whose inappropriate behavior speaks in favour of excluding them from the list of project participants.
The final gala of the project
- The culmination of the each edition of the „Action Diplomacy” project is the Final Gala.
- The Gala takes place after the end of visits to diplomatic posts.
- The participants of the visits are invited to participate in the Gala, whose commitment, substantive preparation and personal culture deserves recognition.
- The Organizer decides about the list of Gala participants. He informs qualified persons by e-mail, no later than three days after the last visit in the diplomatic post of a given project edition.
- Qualified persons are obliged, under pain of exclusion from the list of participants, to confirm their presence on the date specified by the Organizer.
Exclusion from the list of project participants
- Participants of the visit appointed by the Coordinators due to their inappropriate behavior may be removed from the list of project participants.
- The participant is removed if he / she has seriously violated the provisions of these regulations or otherwise caused a significant damage to the interests or image of the Republic of Poland, SGH Foreign Affairs Society or the „Action Diplomacy” project.
- The decision on excluding from the list is made by the Organizer at the request of the Meeting Coordinator.
- Persons removed from the list of participants lose the right to participate in subsequent visits as part of the „Action Diplomacy” project in this and subsequent editions of it.
- The person is informed of the exclusion from the list, its consequences and reasons immediately by e-mail.
- The person has the right to appeal against the decision, presenting the facts in the case and appropriate explanations. The final decision on maintaining or repealing the decision is made by the President of the SGH Foreign Affairs Society.
- The Coordinator of the project „Action Diplomacy” supervises compliance with the regulations.
- Discrepancies and disputes related to the application or interpretation of the provisions of these Regulations shall be resolved by the President of the SGH Foreign Affairs Society.
- In matters not regulated in the regulations, the decisions are made by the President of the SGH Foreign Affairs Society, and in urgent matters, the Coordinator of the „Action Diplomacy” project or the Coordinator of the meeting in a given diplomatic institution.
- Regulations are valid from 11/03/2018.
- The regulations are published on the project website and its Facebook fanpage.
- The regulations may undergo changes that are announced in public.